Friday, August 27, 2010

Watercolor Demo #2: " A Full Twist"


     
     Today’s post will be a short one.  I wanted to prepare those who would like to paint along with me.  I’m going to paint a small Longhorn steer vignette.  My finished painting image will be 12 x 9.   I will begin this painting completely drawn and move along faster than our first painting of Walter.
     I am posting my photo and palette that I will be using to work from.  I picked this photo because it will require a somewhat limited palette, and should make things a little less complicated.

     Here are the colors we will be using:
            Ultramarine Blue
            Alizarin Crimson
            Burnt Sienna
            Raw Umber
            Burnt Umber
            Cadmium Orange
            Cadmium Red

     My brushes will be Silver Black Velvet Rounds, sizes #4, #6 and #8.


     Here’s the photo I will be working from.  I made it a bit smaller, so it will fit on an 8.5 x 11 sheet.
     I know this was a short post, but I wanted to give the paint-along crowd a few days to nail down a good drawing. 
     Tomorrow, enjoy the weekend cowboy post of “Arizona Blue”.  And we will get together again on Monday and begin our painting.

All content and images © Mark Kohler Studio.
   

1 comment: