Saturday, September 4, 2010

Creighton's Pitcher


     I thought you might be interested in seeing a different inspiration behind my paintings.  You can often find me sleuthing in antique shops for that interesting artifact that could become the centerpiece of an appealing little painting.  Fortunately for me, some of these special objects are discovered unexpectedly.  This little still life is one of my favorites and I hope you enjoy the story behind it.

Creighton's Pitcher

      Creighton Edwards and Michael Fife have been more than collectors to me.  They have been friends.  Without hesitation, Michael loaned me Creighton’s little blue Bavarian pitcher for a still life painting. Michael shared the anecdote that Creighton has always possessed good taste in the finer things.  She told me that he bought this exquisite little pitcher when “the money tree wasn’t so full”.   I read recently, that the definition of a collector is someone who buys a painting he cannot afford for a place he does not have.   I can definitely identify with the passion and the appreciation that moves such collectors.  Thank you, Creighton and Michael.

      Have a good weekend, and I’ll see you on Monday!

P.S.  Congratulations to Melissa Bracher, one of my followers on this blog, who is now the proud owner of “A Full Twist”.  Our little demo painting was my “Painting of the Week”, and Melissa was the first one to contact me.  Let me know if you’d like to sign up to receive this weekly email. 

All content and images © Mark Kohler Studio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment