Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Trina: Day One


     
Today, we begin our demo, and the portrait of Trina.  I plan to move through my painting as I would if it were not a demo.  I will be bouncing around my painting, which I try not to do when doing a demonstration.  I will photograph my progress in 15 minute intervals so you will be able to see the process.


     Once again, here is my palette:
New Gamboge                                                Van Dyke Brown
Burnt Sienna                                                    Brown Madder
Alizarin Crimson                                              Indanthrene Blue
Ultramarine Blue                                              Cadmium Red
Cerulean Blue                                                   Cadmium Orange
Cobalt Blue
Burnt Umber                       
Raw Umber


     I begin with a weak mix of New Gamboge and Burnt Sienna in the face, hands, skirts on her leggings and parts of the saddle.  I add a weak purple mix of Ultramarine Blue and Alizarin Crimson to Trina’s buckaroo style hat.  These are early washes that serve as the underpainting and get my painting going.

All content and images © Mark Kohler Studio.             

No comments:

Post a Comment