Saturday, October 2, 2010

Trina: Day 9. The Finer Details.


     

     So here’s the finished painting, “Light Hand”, of my friend Trina Campbell.  I wanted you to see the final product, as well as a close-up for detail.  I’m hoping you can see the subtle details that the different washes, refinements and color adjustments have made to the painting.


     In any painting project, all the small color movements add up to reveal a cohesive end product.  Just remember, that in watercolor, any movement you make can result in a big change to your painting.  With these kinds of intimate and detailed portraits, I tend to err on the side of caution, and make subtle movements.
     I hope you have enjoyed the painting, as well as the process, and that it was a learning experience.  Tune in on Monday for the video of the entire process.  It should be fun!

All content and images © Mark Kohler Studio.


No comments:

Post a Comment