Saturday, November 13, 2010

We Get Along

     This weekend's post features one of the images from a new book that I have published with Kathy McCraine, called Cow Country Cooking:  Recipes and Tales from Historic Ranches of Northern Arizona.
Not only does the cookbook give you delicious recipes, but you get wonderful insight into the iconic lifestlye of the cowboy.   You'll see why their passion fits so nicely with mine.
     I hope you enjoy the post, have a good weekend, and I'll see you back here on Monday.


We Get Along
I constantly find myself trying to reconcile the cowboy lifestyle in my own head.  It’s sometimes difficult to weigh the upside of freedom to the downside of bad weather, strong-willed horses, hard country and the whims of cattle---not to mention the short pay.  But free men are generally contented men, and cowboys seem to find satisfaction in the mundane little victories of life.  These include good horses, quality gear and country that’s pleasing to the eye.  When you break it all down, the freedom to pursue our passion is all we really need.  The only difference between most of us and the cowboy, is that he has found his.

No comments:

Post a Comment