Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Tribute To Patrick

  
     Although I primarily paint cowboys and life in the American West, the truth is, that I love painting people...people of all cultures and lifestyles.
     I did this painting for Sgt. Major Patrick Dougherty, USMC.  I met him a year ago, and while he was impressed with my paintings, I was impressed with his dedication to the military and to our country, and offered to paint him a portrait of Afghanistan, where he had been stationed.  It was the least I could do for what he and his family have given for our freedoms.
     He provided me with a photograph he had taken, and I was proud to do this painting for him.  And not to be outdone, he presented me with a gift:  I am now the proud owner of a pair of military issue combat boots.  I would say it was a deal well made!
     Thank you, Patrick, for your service.  Because of you and your fellow servicemen, I have the luxury to pursue the career I desire.

   Have a good weekend, and I'll see you back here on Monday!

   All content and images © Mark Kohler Studio.    

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome opportunity to give back. Excellent...and an inspiration for myself to be like minded. A small token of appreciation for such a great gift. Thanks for posting, Mark.

    ReplyDelete