Thursday, July 7, 2011

Headin' South....Way Down South!


     OK, it’s time to abandon thoughts of cats and the economy, and get back to serious Art.  I’ve decided to take you along on a little journey to one of my favorite places on the globe….Argentina! 
     Over the next 2 or 3 weeks, I’m going to do a painting demonstration and our subject will be an Argentinian gaucho.  This painting will be my donation piece for the 2012 South Texas Charity Quail Hunt at the King Ranch in South Texas.  The photo is from my 1998 trip to Corrientes in Northern Argentina, and is an iconic representation of these master horsemen.


     If you’re going to work alongside me, you can pull this line drawing off this blog, or I can email it to you, if you prefer.  You will have a week to complete the drawing before the next stage and blog post.


     I will be painting on Arches 140 lb. Cold Press, and will be using a mixture of Gouache and Watercolor.  You’ll be able to see how using Gouache/Watercolor and a dry brush technique in the final stages will greatly enhance your painting.
     Good luck and I hope you enjoy the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment