Saturday, January 8, 2011

Swayze's Favorite

     In keeping with our finished dog portrait, I thought I would end up the week with another painting of man's best friend.  This painting is included in my recent collaboration with Kathy McCraine, called Cow Country Cooking.  I hope you enjoy it!

Swayze's Favorite

     They say you can tell a lot about a man by the dog he chooses.  So, in my book, Swayze McCraine is one helluva man.  Loupy is a Border Collie-Catahoula mix that quietly gets his work done --- sometimes, a little too enthusiastically --- and asks very little in return.  Because he has the brains of the Collie and the grit and drive of the Catahoula, Loupy is where the action is at the right time.  These are two valuable traits that elude a lot of cowdogs. 
      I think highly of this dog, and as 33% owner of the 7-Up Ranch, he gets in his share of cow work.  He’s almost the perfect dog.  You know, they say you can tell a lot about a dog by his owner….              

     Well, we're already one week in to the New Year, so what do you say we embrace 2011 and blaze some new trails with our art?  Be bold and unafraid!  And if there's anything you want to discuss or any question you would like to see answered, bring it on.  Let's support and encourage each other!  So have a good weekend, and I'll be back here on Monday.
  

1 comment: